A Wisconsin culinary staple, cheese curds are as common and indispensable in the Midwest as the cheesesteak is in Philadelphia. Despite their ranking as one of the world’s most craved regional foods, cheese curds are relatively unknown in places without cheese factories…Until now. The Cow and The Curd brings this midwest flavor right to your neighborhood.
White and yellow cheddar battered in our 75 year old Madison, WI, recipe – $8.00
The cornerstone of our menu, our nationally recognized, award winning Wisconsin battered fried cheese CURDS are true Midwestern Americana. Served with a choice of 3 homemade dipping sauces: sriracha mayo, chipotle ranch and smoked ketchup.
- Farmers’ Garden – $8.00
- Our most popular specialty cheese curd is made with sun dried tomato, chipotle pepper, basil and garlic. This curd help secure the “People’s Choice Award” at the Philadelphia Vendy Awards 2013.
- Billy Curds – $10.00
- Made with 100% Wisconsin goat milk, our goat cheese CURDS are creamy yet pleasingly tart with that distinct goat cheese flavor. We serve Billy Curds with either our spiced tomato jam or creamy apple dipping sauce.
- Poutine – $8.00
- Our homemade poutine boasts hand-cut fries smothered in rich brown gravy topped with our fresh Wisconsin cheddar cheese curds. Hand-chopped crispy bacon is optional.
- Beer Brats – $ 7.00
- Wisconsin’s Absolute BEST Beer Brats (and we did our research!) Enjoy our Brats with smokey beer cheese sauce and caramelized red onion
on a pretzel roll.
- Beer Cheese Soup – $5.00
- A Wisconsin winter classic. Slowly simmered winter soup with real Wisconsin cheese and Pilsner beer.
- Root Beer and Cream Soda – $3.00
- Milwaukee’s Old-fashioned soda that is gas fire kettle brewed with authentic
Wisconsin honey and real vanilla.
- The Madison
Classic Curds+ Farmer’s Garden Curds
- The Wisconsin Dells
A sampling of all three of our cheese curds, Classic, Billy and Farmer’s Garden.
- Door County
Classic Curds+ Beer Brats+ Beer Cheese Soup
- The Green Bay
Classic Curds+ Beer Brats
- The Sheboygan
Beer Brats+ Beer Cheese Soup
- The Badger, eh?
Classic Curds+ Poutine
- The Milwaukee
Classic Curds+ Beer Brats+ Poutine